Saturday, June 30, 2007

My Piaggio

So after several months of looking (and drooling) at scooters I have pretty much decided which one I want. I am pretty sure I want to buy a new one because I really don't know enough to be able to fix them and I don't know anybody who is either.

Anyway here are the specs for my Piaggio Derbi Boulevard 150 (which I still have to buy)
Manufacturer
Derbi

Model Year
2007

Model
Boulevard 150

MSRP
Request a Quote

Engine
4-stroke, 2V, forced air-cooled

Displacement
149.8 cc

Bore x Stroke
62.6 x 48.6 mm

Carburetion
28 mm

Compression Ratio
11:1

Ignition
Electronic CDI

Starting System
Electronic

Transmission
CVT with centrifugal clutch

Suspension
Front: 35 mm hydraulic fork, effectual run 76 mm
Rear: Lineal gas single shock, effectual run 60 mm


Brakes
Front: 220 mm disc
Rear: Tambor


Tires
Front: 130/60 x 13 in.
Rear: 130/60 x 13 in.


Length
73.2 in. (1,860 mm)

Width
27.2 in. (690 mm)

Height
45.9 in. (1,165 mm)

Wheelbase
51.4 in. (1,305 mm)

Fuel Capacity
2.4 gal. (9 l)

Oil System
Oil pump

Maximum Speed
11.5 CV @ 7,000 rpm

Colors
Black, Blue, Red, Silver

It is an Italian made bike with the same engine as the Vespa LX 150. That is the bike I really want. The main difference between the two is the Vespa has a full metal body and is put together all by hand. The Derbi is what is known as a plastic scooter because the body has plastic panels. It also is more modern looking and happens to be about $1000 cheaper than the equivalent Vespa. But the Vespa is better looking and retains its value. The decision to go with the Derbi is mostly economic and because I am just getting into it.

The Vespa LX150
The Derbi Boulevard 150

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE WORK! I've been trying to convince myself i need one of those. i even went to a vespa dealer which was horrible because i was allowed to sit oon whichever i wanted. its harder to forget once you really check them out. lucky.

dan muis

Turbolen said...

hee! scooters... looks like fun.

Reuben said...

yeah man they really are cool. i mean really a full size motorcycle is just a license to kill myself. this is really all i need and plus i think they look cooler.