Very well done!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
This clip is brilliantly narrated and has some fantastic slo-mo footage. It isn't for the squeamish kiddies though - it is a full on massacre. Thirty Japanese hornets take on a nest of 30 000 European honeybees and destroy it.
If you want to know more about this insect you can check it out on Wikipedia of course.
Some interesting facts:
- These things can and will chase you for 3 miles.
- Each year in Japan the human death toll exceeds that of all venomous and non-venomous animals combined.
- It's body length is approx. 2" and the wingspan is 3"
- The Japanese honeybees have a defense mechanism in which they swarm the hornet and heat it up while pumping CO2 at them which kills them.
- The European honeybees (which have been imported into Japan) do not do this at all and are consequently destroyed.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Our thoughts and prayers are with the people in this country and especially the workers I know who are labouring to make it a better place. This will be an especially troubled time for an already troubled country.
Click here for the latest news from Coram Deo's Adoration School.
To donate to the Adoration School which has collapsed you can click here. (via Paypal)
Here is the story of the day (other than the Haiti earthquake). Apparently Google is threatening to pull out of China. WOW. What would that mean?
Think about this for a second. A company that is acting like a government. That is really what this has come to. This really shows how much clout Google actually has. They are claiming that the final straw was a hack of their servers that was designed to spy on human rights movements in China. If it's true than more power to 'em I guess.
Either way it will be very interesting to see how this transpires......
Photo thanks to Chris.