Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Camera Broke

The LCD on my camera broke. It sucks b/c it was a fairly decent camera that lasted more than 4 years and many trips. It was actually a very stellar engagement gift (perhaps the most stellar - since we are not Italian) to Irene and I from a couple friends of ours. But at the same time the new cameras these days are so much better and faster.
So now I have to do some decision making. Do I want a high end Point and Shoot or do I want to make the jump to an DSLR? Right now, my research has led me to believe that the Panasonic DMC-TZ5 is the one to get.However, Irene had been planning on getting me a DSLR like this Sony A200 for my birthday. It would have made sense to have the point and shoot and an SLR but now that our camera is broken I think the versatility of the Panasonic trumps the quality/speed of the Sony.
What does everybody think? C'mon, not all at once!

3 comments:

Jay & Veronica said...

LOVE my Sony.., LOVE!!! If your not all gearheaded into photography though that P&S looks sweet. Unless your really into photography, the DSLR will get bulky in your hands at say for example on of those many concerts, or Canada Day events and or whatever you attend (since you seem to attend many public events.)

Handy website is dpreview.com Great site... check it out!

Sara said...

I was thinking of getting myself a new camera to do some more serious photography and was getting some advice from my father (yes a minister and a avid photographer!) who gave me a link to a website that made me decide to not worry too much about the bells and whistles for a while. A great camera helps but it's the photographer's eye that takes the good shots not the camera! http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/recommended-cameras.htm

Reuben said...

thanks for the comments guys.