Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Triple Washed...yeah right.

So we opened a brand new bag of baby spinach which was sold and described as 'triple washed.' To me, that means we can expect it to be clean. Maybe my assumption is too presumptuous but really what does 'triple washed' mean. Did they spray it 3 times with tap water?
Anyways we found this root structure that looks decidedly small to be from a spinach plant. (I could be wrong - I'm no botanist or gardener). After eating all this spinach without washing it I felt a little disconcerted. I guess it could be worse; at least it wasn't a finger or some other appendage. But still, what would you do...?
I was tempted to call the spinach plant and force them to give me triple washed spinach for life. But that plan was foiled when I couldn't find a phone number on the package.
Then I got to thinking, what if this root is from some drug operation that the spinach people are doing on the side. What if I had stumbled upon a massive grow-op disguised as a triple wash spinach plant. But that was shot down when I searched for marijuana root structures on the Google.
Too bad.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We once found a piece of metal in a bagel. The company had no idea how it got in there and how it got through their triple-check metal detectors but gave $50 in compensation to avoid getting sued.

Reuben said...

Thats hilarious (albeit in a morbid kind of way). I can't believe you settled for the $50. It could have been 50 million.
The bigger question though is: Did you eat the bagel?

Unknown said...

I'm sure someone ate it... Dutch folks like us never throw out food, whether that's for the sake of cheapness or awareness of the poverty of much of the rest of humanity.

joel muiS said...

To bad about the grow op there man.

Reuben said...

yeah i probably could have blackmailed em.