Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What!?! No Gphone?!?

Even though I am not a programmer I'm a huge fan of open source software and hardware so this is huge for me.
I have been looking forward to the new Google Phone for a while now and they are just starting to release previews of it. It looks fantastic. It probably won't be an Iphone killer but I think it will be way cooler. The reason it will be way better is that they are making the 'Android' program totally open source to allow for as many 3rd party applications as possible. This is in stark contrast to Apples totally closed 'you-aren't-worthy-of-touching-our-programming' attitude.
Way to go Google!
I may actually get a phone if this isn't too expensive.
Check out this video preview:

1 comment:

Irene said...

wish I could buy you one,dear....
so I could keep track of you [evil laugh]