Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Toyota builds the only Real Truck

Anytime you talk about trucks you get the usual tripe between the Ford guys and the Chevy guys. It invariably turns into some sort of pissing match (encouraged by those idiotic stickers showing Calvin urinating on a company logo).
Whenever you mention Toyota to these guys they all scoff and call you a pansy. Usually I find this seems to encourage the idea that they are ignorant, conservative americans (or Canadians who wish George Bush was the Prime Minister). I'm not saying I this about these guys. It just doesn't do anything for the stereotype.
Anyway, stereotypes aside, the point of this blog is that Toyota trucks pretty much kick all other trucks in the butt, very hard.
And here is why. It is a video of the fantastic show, Top Gear, as they attempt to destroy a Toyota Hilux (basically a Tacoma in Canada). They do everything to it including crashing, drowning, burning and dropping off an imploding high-rise.
Its a good video.

2 comments:

Jay & Veronica said...

Only one comment, the title should be changed to:

Back in the day, Toyota buiLT the only real truck...

The make a nice truck now, but a quick test drive, power and looks don't tell the whole story... for a car yes, truck no.

But really, I LOVE that video. I've even blogged about it in my own days one time! :)
(see blogit - thursday, july 27, 2006)

oops, that's also the same month when I laughed at Microsoft for there crappy voice recognition software which FORD now totes in there very cool new SYNC system. Wow, that was a bad month for me, not promoting Ford so well back then... hehe...

Reuben said...

The tacoma still smokes any domestic. Plus it looks perfect and really when its your reputation on the line..... I wouldn't want to be caught driving a domestic. It would be bad for my reputation. LOL