Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Tintin on the Big Screen!

It appears that they may be taking the Tintin comic books and creating a movie franchise out of it. When I was a kid Tintin was my hero. I read all the books (over and over again) and played war with my friends while pretending to be in a Tintinesque environment. I think a lot of my drawing skills (whatever skills I may have) were even derived from looking at all those books. I was even Tintin for halloween once though barely anybody knew who he was. They are ancient books originally done in french in the early part of the 20th century but are so timeless in a humorous and gripping kind of way.
Needless to say, I am very excited about this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As IF no one knows Tintin! Anyone who's ANYONE knows who he is!
pppsshh

btw, did you really buy a vespa?
Jody

Reuben said...

Well I think Asterix & Obelix are a little more popular. I don't think they will make a movie for those books though. Too politically incorrect by today's standards.
As for the Vespa see the latest post....

Turbolen said...

i remember watching a tintin animated series on tv in english maybe 8-10 years ago, and i caught a glimpse of one in french sometime 2 years ago...