Wednesday, November 05, 2008

And we are off....

As this blog is posted we are hopefully on a plane to Madrid via Montreal and Paris.
YAY!

I really did not think I would get another chance to go to Europe perhaps forever so I am pretty excited to get this chance. Now with this economic downturn and the future looking so shaky I am getting the feeling that this will be the last time we go. Once China becomes a super power and Obama turns the States into a third world country (taking Canada with it) we will probably not even have affordable air travel let alone the jobs to pay for it.

On another, totally unrelated note, this is my 200th post.

2 comments:

Lawren said...

I'm not entirely sure whether that was meant sarcastically or not...

Pretty grim forecast, in any case.

Reuben said...

a little bit of pessimism mixed with sarcasm