Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Butterfly Flaps It's Wings

Irene and I just finished watching a movie called 'Happenstance' (the French title is 'Le Battement d'ailes du papillon'). It was a french foreign film with subtitles and that distinct, fresh non-hollywood approach. And the star is the wonderful Audrey Tautou from 'Amelie'. If you havn't seen 'Amelie' rent it now and if you have than you will like this movie too. Watch out for the nude scene that seems to last faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar to long. I don't think that was necessary (fast forward without missing anything).
Anyway, I just thought it was good to see another fresh movie. Sure it was a romantic comedy but it was so different and so much better and so much more fulfilling in the end. It wasn't intellectual or brilliant but it kept you thinking.
And I like Audrey Tautou. I found that she reminds me somewhat of Audrey Hepburn in 'Breakfast at Tiffanys'. Plus the movie had so many shots of the Paris Metro which I find facinating for some reason.

Now I am going to bed.

No comments: