Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Is that a Rollerskate in your pocket?

I just got back from Raleigh, North Carolina last night. It was good times. Maybe I will post some pics at some point.

Some of the highlights included:
-Eating at Big Ed's (we saw Ed and yes he was big)
-Spotting Canadian flags
-Cheering with the locals
-Trying to mimic the southern accent (Irene was the best - or she tried the hardest)
-Smuggling bananas over the border and denying any knowledge of it
-Learning that it was actually the North who lost the Civil War (and the south may take it up again at any time in the near future)
-Taking illegal pictures of Toll Booths
-Mimicing the New York accent (Irene was the best once again)
-Rollerskating with the locals
-Great tunes (and not so great tunes)
-Feeling overwhelmed with football (they even televise high school games - There are too many teams in the NFL let alone the college leagues and now high school too!!!)
-Shopping in a Walmart Superstore (and I thought regular Walmarts were big)
-Shipping a pumpkin pie 2000 kms (maybe we should have declared that at the border too)
-Three navigators telling one driver where to go (sorry Josh)
-Cheap Gas (I think we actually robbed the one place)
-Scrubbing bugs of the windshield (I can't believe thats a highlight)
-Taking far to many pictures of the Washington Monument (You can see it from anywhere in DC)
-Trashing the Super 8 hotel room (and having the ceiling collapse on Irene at night)
-Josh attempting to take pics of the great views in the Poconos (did they turn out?)
-Cruising in my favourite car (that Lexus is one sweeeeet ride)
-What are Tar Heels and why would a prestigious university cheer for them?
-Hanging out with Corrine and her roomies.
-Finding out that Raleigh has more girls than guys (that doesn't matter because I'm married)
-Using the GPS to find things. (There is a washroom in 1.3 kilometers!)
-How's Your News?
-Falling asleep to Cuff the Duke.
-Playing 'Things in a Box' (Whats that in your pocket?)
-Revealing secrets (I DO NOT own a leather cat suit)
-Taking far too many pictures (its a good thing we went digital - or is it?)

and the list goes on......

Wow we did a lot of stuff!

6 comments:

Karin said...

great memories:)
Karin.

Reuben said...

no kidding eh.
we should do some picture exchange.

Johannah said...

You're a funny guy.
Stay tuned, I am about to post a breakdown of our truss system. And if you want to feel special, you can pretend it was written just for you.
Tell Irene, she better be ready to do her accents for me when I see her next.(Next Friday I think.)

Reuben said...

I'm looking forward to it.

Jay & Veronica said...

Craziness... man you guys travel alot. Gotta hook me up with whatevers helping you guys do that! :)

One nagging favour to ask... I LOVE reading your blog, funny stuff... but could you change the background to anything but black. I feel like I'm on drugs when I'm reading your posts... eyes go all buggied like!

Cheers!

Reuben said...

yeah we love travelling - gets pretty tiring though.
i'll see about changing the background but i don't really like any of the other templates and i am not good enough with HTML to change it myself. I will have to ask Irene.