Friday, January 09, 2009

The Whopper Sacrifice

Burger King has really been upping it's advertising these days with such campaigns as the Whopper Virgin and Subservient Chicken. They don't seem to mind dealing with social/ethical issues by throwing in some humour.

The latest campaign is offering you a free Whopper if you DE-FRIEND 10 people from your friend list on Facebook. The funniest part is the "sacrifices" show up in your activity feed. So it'll say, for example, "Reuben sacrificed Irene for a free Whopper."

I have to think about whether I have 10 friends on Facebook I could stand to lose - everybody does. But I don’t know whether I really want a whopper that badly. I have only gone to Burger King once and it was disgusting. Now if it was a Harveys burger then everybody would be gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea. Oh and if you don't like Burger King, no problem, just delete 10 friends for no reason at all.

Facebook schmacebook!!

Yours truly,
one of the world's five or so antifacebookers

Lawren said...

Oh wow.
The last line made me laugh out loud (actually).

That is ingenious marketing if you ask me. Brilliant, really.

Reuben said...

yeah i think its pretty good too.

andrew: i think Chris VP is another one but i don't know anybody else so it might just be the two of you.

Irene said...

karin and josh

Reuben said...

make it 4