Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Yay for Itunes

So the annual Mac symposium was held today. Other than all the rumours surrounding the health of Steve Jobs there really wasn't all that much super exciting news. Those super exciting rumours were quelled by Steve himself in a letter to all apple fanboys.

The only things that interested me was the news that Picasa is now availiable on Macs and....wait for it..... iTunes are now DRM free!!!!! Yes you read that right. Apple is relinquishing it's deathgrip, albeit slightly, on it's users. I am sure not everybody will be as excited about this as me and my ilk but it means a lot for apple to do something like that. They like being able to pull all the strings, even after you buy their products and try to bring them home and use them for what you want.

Now all they have to do is make iPods able to plug into multiple computers without deleting everything. Yes, all you iPod drones, regular MP3 players can do that without a problem - why can't yours?

In other news, my father-in-law just bought a Macbook Pro and iPod touch both of which I am really in love with.

No comments: